family adventures. life's schedules. and everything I love.



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Youngest's Dinosaur Birthday Cake



Tomorrow my youngest will be three years old. This is the birthday cake I created for her. She was very pleased with it since she just LOVES Dinosaurs. She is pointing to the little cupcake and candle. She told me over and over tonight how she was sure her friends would love it at school.

This is the first cake I have made using homemade fondant. The fondant was made with mini marshmallows and powdered sugar. It tastes so much better than real fondant and works great!

Oldest wanted to add a big, blue turd (in Oldest's words, "a cake"). I had occupied her with some extra fondant, finished the cake, and walked in the kitchen to clean up. I went back to check out the cake again and there was this big ball of blue stuck to the side on my cake! Ahhhh!!!


Luckily, I was able to surgically remove it so it didn't mess up the cake too much. This cake was a big learning experience and a lot of fun!!!



2 comments:

  1. It's a thing of beauty in spite of the blue scat. :)

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great, cuz! Maybe she was trying to make a blue moon ice cream scoop to go with the cake.

    ReplyDelete